A whole lotta people in Pleasant Hill smell like potatoes, bacon, tortillas and cheese.
At least I assume they do because the Bacon Cheesy Potato Burrito was sold out at Taco Bell on my lunch break this afternoon.
* THE RIGHT TIME FOR ROAD RAGE: I got stuck behind a moron puttering along at 20 miles per hour while he was flossing his teeth. If anyone ever deserved to be run off the road and beaten with a blunt object it was this guy.
* I HATE YOU TACO BELL GIRL: Why'd you even ask if I want hot sauce for my tacos and then not give it to me? And for that matter, why did I wait until I got to work to check the bag? I should know better by now: Trust no one.
* SHOULDN'T YOU BE AT RUTHS CHRIS STEAK HOUSE?: An old dude in a shiny new Jaguar was behind me at the Taco Bell drive-through. If I could afford to drive a Jag I wouldn't waste my time at Taco Bell. I wonder if Richie Rich was hoping to get his hands on a Bacon Cheesy Potato Burrito?
* TWEET, TWEET: In case you missed it, TWGB is still on Twitter at http://twitter.com/howlingmadjay and my aversion to shameless plugs is still nowhere to be found.
If loving the A’s is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
The second half of the baseball season is about to start and the sports columnists for the major Bay Area newspaper Web sites don’t exactly have warm and fuzzy feelings for the Oakland A’s.
The San Francisco Chronicle’s Ray Ratto (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/07/15/SPMV18OH4A.DTL) says the club has “made an annoying and self-destructive virtue of being bland and faceless as well as mediocre.”
Fellow chronic Chron crank Bruce Jenkins (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/07/15/SPAG18PAH0.DTL) says that in Oakland “hopelessness tends to make the mind go numb.”
The Contra Costa Times just sinks lower and lower into the rancid quicksand of Dean Singleton's ramshackle journalism empire.
Today's absurd example? The CCT's list of blogs on its homepage featured a headline "A's to NUMMI" which sounded damn interesting to this blindly devoted A's fan.
One eager mouse click took me to the page in the top photo. Following the "Click here" link took me to the page in the lower photo … which happens to be the San Francisco Chronicle … the CCT's competition.
Is the Contra Costa Times even trying anymore?
* JUST ANOTHER SHAMELESS PLUG: Have I mentioned that The World's Greatest Blog does more than just take up valuable space in the blogosphere? That's right, TWGB has started taking up valuable space in the Twitterverse too at http://twitter.com/howlingmadjay.