* Considering that I barely posted anything this week can there really be much in the way of leftovers?
* Can the A’s at least enjoy a spring training without injuries? It doesn’t look like it so far. Ace Justin Duchscherer is already out of action with elbow trouble and now closer Joey Devine is also on the shelf (http://www.ibabuzz.com/chinmusic/2009/03/07/devine-not-throwing-sore-elbow/). I’d still like to see Oakland bring in a veteran starting pitcher but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen anytime soon. I guess we’re going to find out sooner rather than later whether pitching prospects Trevor Cahill, Brett Anderson and Vin Mazzaro are worthy of all the hype.
* For those of you who missed out on this during the week on other Web sites, check out Ugly Bat Boy (pictured above): http://wbztv.com/watercooler/pets/ugly.cat.scary.2.949524.html and http://wbztv.com/slideshows/ugly.cat.scary.20.950066.html. This nasty little critter looks like something out of History channel’s “Monster Quest” (http://www.history.com/minisites/monsterquest).
* It wasn’t very long ago that I was grousing about how my front yard is a wasteland. It’s time for me to post a correction because the front yard is now a lush jungle of weeds. Same goes for the back yard. Wind, rain and a little sun here and there have fueled a furious growth spurt. It’s going to be a nightmare trimming, mowing and pulling all that stuff out this spring and summer. I’m actually starting to miss my dry, dead ugly yard.
* The United States just lost the World Baseball Classic: http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090302&content_id=3904492&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb.
* Bad pole dancing is always good for a cheap laugh. I tried to chase down a link to this video outside of Facebook but I didn’t have any luck. So here’s the Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=53482972166&ref=nf. I assume that most of the free world is on Facebook which means few people will have any trouble checking this out. Don’t worry, there’s no nudity so feel free to watch this video at work.