I want to apologize for the lack of posts to this blog recently.
I could blame it on laziness, a schedule change, fantasy baseball draft preparation or the fact that my wife and I are expecting our first rugrat in about a month.
But the bottom line is that I've been distracted by my Facebook friend list as it charges up with star power — and it all started with Yano.
That's right, Yano Anaya (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0025764/) is my homeboy on Facebook.
After blogging about Anaya (http://twgb.blogspot.com/2009/02/remember-that-great-yano-anaya-movie.html), who played the relentless paperboy hounding John Cusack for $2 in "Better off Dead," (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXIBjo8gWEE) I looked him up on Facebook.
Sure enough, there was a Yano Anaya on Facebook with a profile photo that fit recent photos I found on Google.
Within a matter of days Anaya confirmed me as a friend.
But why stop there?
A quick look at my DVD collection inspired me to look for Keith Coogan (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0176861/) of "Hiding Out" (http://noolmusic.com/movies_trailers/hiding_out_-_comedy_movie.php and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093186/) fame on Facebook.
A few days went by, and there it was in my inbox: "Keith Coogan confirmed you as a friend on Facebook."
And now the floodgates are open and I'm joining up with the rich and famous at an alarming rate.
Here's a short list of the celebrities, big and small, that I've become friends with over the past few weeks on Facebook:
* Justine Bateman (Don't laugh. You didn't expect me to try to be friends with Tina Yothers or Brian Bonsall did you?)
* Sean Penn
* Benicio Del Toro (Since Benny and I are friends I'll just pretend that "Che" never happened)
* Michael Bolton
* Robert Carlyle
* John Mellencamp (We're buds even though I'm a little thrown off by the fact that he seems to hate Corporate America even though he always seems to sell his songs out to Corporate America for car commercials.)
* Belinda Carlisle
* Pat Benatar (That "Love is a Battlefield" video is still awesome: http://noolmusic.com/blogs/YouTube_Music_Videos_80s_90s_-_Pat_Benatar_-_Love_Is_a_Battlefield.shtml)
* Faye Dunaway
* Matthew McConaughey (We all need a friend who gets stoned and plays the bongos naked http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/mcconaughey1.html)
* Sylvester Stallone
* Eva Mendes
* Morgan Fairchild (Now that we're amigos she's always e-mailing me about her shoddy line of cosmetics)
* Lita Ford (I just have to be friends with a musician who sang "I went to a party last Saturday night; I didn't get laid, I got in a fight; Uh, huh; It ain't no big thing" [http://lyrics.dainutekstai.lt/149719/lita-ford-kiss-me-deadly.htm])
* Alicia Silverstone
* Kurt Russell
* Brian Boitano (What would Brian Boitano do if I asked him to be my Facebook friend? Say yes, of course)
* Robert Downey, Jr.
* Henry Winkler (That's right, I'm friends with the Fonz)
* Peter Fonda
* Billy Bob Thornton
* Sophia Loren
* Michael Chiklis
* Al Pacino (Academy Award-winning actor and recent recipient of my Bucket List on Facebook. Is there anything this guy hasn't done? I can't wait until he sends me his Bucket List.)
It's just amazing to work my way through each celebrity's friend list.
Sean Penn and Michael Bolton? They're friends.
Any friend of Penn is a friend of mine. And I'll be honest with you, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman." (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/).
Sophia Loren and Lita Ford are friends. How did that happen?
Pretty easy to see why I've been too busy to blog lately.
To all of my longtime friends and TWGB readers, don't worry. I promise I won't let all my Hollywood connections go to my head.
I'll always make time for the little people.